The Ribbon Builder tool allows you to customise the Microsoft Word Ribbon. Using this you can:
- modify the supplied I-Deal Docs ribbon tab. For example, change the wording on the buttons, change the size of the buttons, and remove buttons for functions of I-Deal Docs that your organisation won’t be using
- create additional ribbon tabs and place groups and buttons onto them to launch functions specific to your organisation
- add groups and buttons to the built-in Word ribbon tabs. It is common for our clients to add buttons for their most commonly used templates to the front of Word’s Home tab. You might set the buttons in a drop-list format to save screen space.
- remove groups from the built-in Word tabs. It is common for our clients to remove the built-in Styles group from the Home tab and replace it with something specific to their Style setup.
Typical buttons that might be added to the ribbon are ones to:
- run a VBA macro
- run a built-in Word command. A list of all Word commands will be visible when you are designing the ribbon
- run an I-Deal Docs command. A list of all I-Deal Docs commands will be visible when you are designing the ribbon
- apply a specific Style
- insert a specific Clause Library item
- launch a specific document from your network or from your Document Management System
- display a cascading drop-list or fly-out of all folders, subfolders and files within a given starting folder.
You can control virtually all visual attributes of your buttons, including:
- the wording on them
- whether they display in Word’s large or normal size
- what image you want. You can choose between the thousands included in Office or the 2,000 extra ones that we include
- the tooltip that displays when the mouse hovers over the button.